cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload issues

Highlighted

Camera upload issues

Explorer | Level 3

So I have been using the camera uploads feature for many years without issue.  I just realized that it quit working May 6th of this year for some reason. I did some troubleshooting, updated the app, and went through the settings and found it had gotten turned off somehow. When I turn it back on in the "Timeframe" section it says "all photos starting" with todays date shown. How do I get the pictures I took from May 6th to today to sync??

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Camera upload issues

Dropboxer

Hey there @jedeasonjr - sorry to hear about this.

At first, could you clarify if you're using the desktop application or the mobile app to upload your files?

Also, as I'm not sure I have the whole picture yet, could you forward me a screenshot of the message you described so I can have a better look into this? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thank you for the quick response. My camera uploads have always been automatic. I have attempted to start the upload by connecting my phone to my laptop and opening the desktop app.  When I jsut checked it moments ago, it appears that 18 photos from last week have uploaded. I am not sure why those particular ones uploaded.

The message I was referring to is in the mobile app. On my app Account-camera uploads is a section called "TimeFrame". In that section it says "all photos" or "new photos only". I have "all photos" selected but the date listed can not ne changed. I am attaching a picture.cam upload pic.jpgcam upload pic.jpg

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the speedy reply and additional info @jedeasonjr.

At this point, could you uninstall the app on your mobile and re-install it?

While you're at it, please check for any pending updates for your mobile's OS as well please!

Once you've done those, please reboot your device and try plugging it in your computer again.

Let me know how it goes!

PS: Another way to upload the files that haven't made it to your Dropbox account, would be to manually upload them via the (+) button within our mobile app. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I will unstall and reinstall the app.

On the OS I intentionally do not stay current. There are usually too many issues when a new iOS is released!

If all else fails, I will attempt to add the images manually. Problem is, we traveled overseas recently and there are about 500 images to add. Ugh.

Thanks for the assist,

Jim

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Just keep me posted Jim!

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I have Dropbox installed on an android, Apple and laptop. On my Apple app there is an option for only uploading pictures from a certain timeframe. I see no option for Android. So if I delete a picture from Dropbox will it try upload it again if I don’t delete it from the android phone? And thank you
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Beckett; I'm sorry for the late reply. Are you still having issues with this? 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?