cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads started from the beginning again?

Camera uploads started from the beginning again?

Chindochoon
Explorer | Level 3
I use the camera-upload since years. I just realised that since about a month no pics were uploaded from my smartphone to the Dropbox and now it instead started to upload my oldest pictures from my phone.

Instead of uploading from ~ june 2021 the pics from 2014 are getting uploaded (and it’s still counting how many pics are left to upload). Will all m pics be added to the Dropbox twice now? I have >60.000 pics on my phone.
7 Replies 7

Re: Camera uploads started from the beginning again?

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @Chindochoon, thanks for posting your question here! 

Could you please tell me what version of the app you have installed on your phone?

In addition, what OS do you use? 

Also, feel free to clarify if you have recently changed anything in your Dropbox settings. 

Thank you!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Chindochoon
Explorer | Level 3
Hey there,

I’m using Dropbox 240.2.4 (I updated the version yesterday but the problem accrued with the older and this Version) an I habe IOS 14.5.1 (there is newer update i have to install).

Btw the camera upload doesn’t go to the account I’m posting with here in the forum; it’s my other account I’m paying for (2 TB).

Best regards

Chindochoon
Explorer | Level 3
I also didn’t change anything in the Dropbox settings. Out of nowhere it stopped to upload pictures in June and started to Beginn from
the Start.

Thanks

Lori
Dropboxer
Happy Monday @Chindochoon

If I were you, I'd try to update the OS on my phone as a first step, can you give this a go? 

Also, any screenshots of the message you see under your 'Photos' tab is welcome.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Chindochoon
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lori, thanks for your reply.

I did get the IOS update - no change.

When I go to the photos tab it’s still saying that’s it’s searching my photo library and it’s again counting upwards. The pics which are shown which have been the most recent which have been uploaded are from 2nd of June.

When I go to the „start“ tab (don’t know what it is in English I can see that it uploaded pics from years ago)

I’m on mobile and I can’t add screenshots?

Lori
Dropboxer
Let's try one more thing @Chindochoon.

Can you try turning Camera uploads off, then on again? 

It's worth giving it a try. 

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Chindochoon
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your patience, Lori.

I already did that.
I think I’ll just sit this one out, let it re-upload everything and hope it catches up soon with the recent pics. If the newest pics don’t get uploaded in a couple of weeks I’ll report back 🙂
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chindochoon Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?