cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DBX Business groups contain members who have DBX Free/Pro accounts?

Can DBX Business groups contain members who have DBX Free/Pro accounts?

New member | Level 2

We have DBX Business. We would like to create a Group of users who are NOT part of our company; these users have DBX accounts that are either free or paid on their own (ie. Pro). Can I create a group with users who are external to our company?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can DBX Business groups contain members who have DBX Free/Pro accounts?

Super User II

@jeffn wrote:

Can I create a group with users who are external to our company?

No, you can't. Groups are intended for team members only.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
I could not find definitive documentation that spelled that answer out; however, I know Groups are meant to manage your Team specifically. I just test this in my Admin Console and it says “this is not a member of your Team” and would not allow me to add them.

Super User II

@jeffn wrote:

Can I create a group with users who are external to our company?

No, you can't. Groups are intended for team members only.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Why would I want to move to DBX Business then?  I would potentially either limit the number of people I can share files with or it is going to cost me a fortune at £10/month/user.  I have at least 20 different people in 6 different groups who I regularly share files with and sometimes add and drop others.  Currently this works well with the free service but I am running out of space and I thought that a subscription service would add a benefit and functionality not take it away.  Am I missing something, what is the solution?

New member | Level 2

I share the need and for me it is very important : Dropbox business is meant to be the file system repository. I do want to share some parts of it with my partners, my accounter, my service provider and so on. I can do it adding individual folder by folder, but it is not safe nor manageable.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?