Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dropbox Spaces makes folders appear in different locations?

McMichael
Explorer | Level 3

I'm looking to reorganize our Dropbox folders to make it more efficient for our office to use and find content.  SPACES seems to be nothing more than folders with features added on top.  I was hoping I'd be able to have a folder exist in multiple SPACES.  For example, if we had a SPACES for each person for them to store their person content in, we could also place folders relevant to that person's responsibilities into their SPACE... but those file might also exist in other people's SPACES.  As I'm typing this I'm thinking that SPACES is not a way to accoplish this (directly) but rather having multiple users and sharing folders with those users, they would have visibility to those folders.

So, let me know if SPACES can accomlish this or if sharing is the only way.

3 Replies 3

Access to Dropbox Spaces

McMichael
Explorer | Level 3

How will spaces be integrated into the multiple Dropbox interfaces (mobile, desktop app, website)?  So far I'm not seeing anything different.  I can add a description to a folder and it changes the icon on the website but other than that I'm not seeing any of the new features I've seen mentioned on any of the platforms.

Re: Can Folder Exist in More Than One Space

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @McMichael, thanks for joining the Community!

Dropbox Spaces provides extra features to highlight certain files, or to write an overview, of a folder in your account.

Currently, there isn’t an option for folders to appear in multiple locations on your Dropbox account, so Spaces wouldn’t assist on this matter. The way you suggest by having a shared folder per user to keep the data separate from each other, is the best option.

I hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Access to Dropbox Spaces

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Additionally, I merged your other question about Spaces here to answer it in the same thread.

If you create a Dropbox Space from the website or the new desktop app, you can view the Space via the mobile app also by tapping Overview.

We do appreciate your feedback about Spaces!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?