cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Files in a community Dropbox be Removed by Others

Can Files in a community Dropbox be Removed by Others

DahliaGirl
Explorer | Level 3

We are having a community-wide contest and contestants can upload their entry into a shared Dropbox. Can any of these entries be removed or deleted by anybody who has access to the Dropbox? If so, what do I need to allow people to upload only but restrict their ability to removed/delete?

2 Replies 2

Re: Can Files in a community Dropbox be Removed by Others

Mark
Super User II

If you are using a shared folder then, yes, they can - they can also all see exactly who has uploaded what. 

Why not use a Requests link instead to get your info? https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/create-file-request 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Can Files in a community Dropbox be Removed by Others

DahliaGirl
Explorer | Level 3

Just read the instructions and this will work.  My only thought (and it doesn't involved Dropbox) is to find out who wants to put a file into Dropbox and then I can send that person a request.

However, where should a person send a request that they want to uploal?  Maybe I'll set up a new email account for them to email me?  I welcome a better idea if you have it!

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?