cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I backup more than docs, downloads desktop on Mac

Can I backup more than docs, downloads desktop on Mac

New member | Level 2

I want to back up my Music folder as well using the new backup feature that is used fo rthe docs and downloads folder but it doesn't seem like I can add this folder. It seems my only option is to move my Music folder inside of Dropbox folder which I prefer not to do. Are there other options? 

5 Replies 5

Re: Can I backup more than docs, downloads desktop on Mac

Dropboxer

Hey there @WaveJockey, I hope you're having a good day so far!

The backup feature only allows you to sync the Desktop, Downloads and Documents folders. To sync your Music folder, you would need to either move it to the Dropbox folder or one of the folders you might choose to backup.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Backup folders

New member | Level 2

Hi 

Is there any way I can use the Backup function on folders other than desktop, downloads and documents? I have all my music and pictures on external drives and would like to back them up to Dropbox automatically when I add files to them.

Thanks

Dropboxer

Thanks for posting here @jonbartlett!

I've just moved your post here as it seems you have a similar question to the OP. Please check out my post above for some more info on this.

Keep me posted with any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6
On my Windows 10 machine, I only see option to backup Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders. Why don’t I see an option to backup Download folder?

Dropboxer

Hey again @noideawhat!

Would you mind sending along a screenshot of the folders that you see when you try setting up the backup?

Also, please let me know which version of the app you have installed, which you can see by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?