cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I check to see who accepted an invitation to a folder?

Can I check to see who accepted an invitation to a folder?

janiskovich
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I used to be able to see who had accepted an invitation to a folder. Is that feature gone? or moved? How do I check to see who accepted an invitation to a folder? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

janiskovich wrote:

For many, the invitation goes to their spam and they never know they've received it.

If they have Dropbox installed on their computer, they'll also receive a desktop notification if they have them enabled (and they are, by default). They will also see a notification if they log into the Dropbox website.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Invitations no longer work that way. They don't need to be accepted. Once you invite someone, they have access to the folder and are able to add or remove it from their Dropbox account at will. They're either a member or they aren't.

janiskovich
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That's too bad. For many, the invitation goes to their spam and they never know they've received it. As the "inviter" it's helpful to know if they've accepted. Poor choice to lose that feature.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

janiskovich wrote:

For many, the invitation goes to their spam and they never know they've received it.

If they have Dropbox installed on their computer, they'll also receive a desktop notification if they have them enabled (and they are, by default). They will also see a notification if they log into the Dropbox website.

David G.75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Doesn't do the job, and have you even read the question? I'd rather have the ability to know who accepted my share invitation than the darned extra terabyte! A genuine loss for me and a time killer. Now I would have had to bother all my new clients who are very busy people with a formerly unnecessary phone call or email. They won't like it at all, so I won't do it! Super bad and spoils my day! Phooey!

JeffJ
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox seems to insist on making the product worse and worse all the time with bad decisions, changing things that used to work.
Then no matter how many customers complain, it won't change a thing. Not the first time this happened. I seriously need to reconsider why I've been paying for this service for years now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JeffJ Helpful | Level 6
    David G.75 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    janiskovich New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?