cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my files on my computer and phone, but not in Dropbox?

Can I keep my files on my computer and phone, but not in Dropbox?

ladyexec8
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to delete files only from Dropbox and not from my PC or phone? Every time I try to delete files from Dropbox it wants to delete the files from all associated folders (eg. my phone and PC.

3 Replies 3

Re: Deleting files

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @ladyexec8, thanks for checking in with us. 

Due to syncing, any file changes you make on your account are applied to the website, and any device that has the apps installed. This also includes deletions. 

Out of curiosity though, would you like to be able to save the same file on both your computer and phone, and delete it from your Dropbox account, all in one step?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ladyexec8
New member | Level 2

I would love to be able to save the same file on both my computer and phone, and delete it from my Dropbox account all in one step!  I hope that it will be possible in the next upgrade.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that @ladyexec8!

While it's not currently possible to do that, you could always suggest this in our dedicated area of the Community here.

If there's anything else that we can help with, don't hesitate to get back to us here. We'd be happy to help out.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    ladyexec8 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?