cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I merge cells in a row in a table in PAPER? And additional formatting questions!!!

Can I merge cells in a row in a table in PAPER? And additional formatting questions!!!

DEVILLES
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi all, I am just starting to use PAPER (and loving it). I'm looking for some formatting tips that I can't find the answers for online.

For example:

I'd like to merge cells in a row in a table, is there a way to do that?

Can I customize the font sizes within a document?

Can I italicize and underline text? 

OK, many thanks, DEVILLES

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey DEVILLES, thanks for sharing your positive :scroll: Paper-thoughts & questions with us, I’ll do my best to follow-up with you & we can keep this discussion going from there! 

#1. Can I customize the font sizes within a document?

Yes, Paper has three types of headers: H1, H2, and H3. On paper.dropbox.com, you can add an H1 or H2 by using the formatting toolbar or the shortcuts listed below.

• H1: Type # and press space, then type your header
  • H2: Type ## and press space, then type your header
  • H3: Type ### and press space, then continue typing (you can also add an H3 by highlighting and bolding an entire line of text)

You can also make H1 and H2 headers more bold by highlighting and bolding them as you would with any other text. On your phone or tablet, use the T icons to choose a header, or the B icon to bold your text.

#2. Can I italicize and underline text? 

Yes! For italics you may use the Ctrl+i Keyboard shortcut & for underlining, you may check Ctrl+u. 

(Tip: You can access all your Keyboard shortcuts inside a Paper doc on the bottom-right corner on the :keyboard: icon.)

#3. I'd like to merge cells in a row in a table, is there a way to do that?

This isn’t currently an available feature, though it would be an excellent idea :light_bulb: & I’d happily pass your interest on to our higher-level technicians, since our dev team is actively working on adding more features on Paper. 

Again, thanks a lot for checking in with us on our Forum & please do let me know if you have more Paper-inquiries; it'll be a pleasure to continue this conversation. Happy Monday!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey DEVILLES, thanks for sharing your positive :scroll: Paper-thoughts & questions with us, I’ll do my best to follow-up with you & we can keep this discussion going from there! 

#1. Can I customize the font sizes within a document?

Yes, Paper has three types of headers: H1, H2, and H3. On paper.dropbox.com, you can add an H1 or H2 by using the formatting toolbar or the shortcuts listed below.

• H1: Type # and press space, then type your header
  • H2: Type ## and press space, then type your header
  • H3: Type ### and press space, then continue typing (you can also add an H3 by highlighting and bolding an entire line of text)

You can also make H1 and H2 headers more bold by highlighting and bolding them as you would with any other text. On your phone or tablet, use the T icons to choose a header, or the B icon to bold your text.

#2. Can I italicize and underline text? 

Yes! For italics you may use the Ctrl+i Keyboard shortcut & for underlining, you may check Ctrl+u. 

(Tip: You can access all your Keyboard shortcuts inside a Paper doc on the bottom-right corner on the :keyboard: icon.)

#3. I'd like to merge cells in a row in a table, is there a way to do that?

This isn’t currently an available feature, though it would be an excellent idea :light_bulb: & I’d happily pass your interest on to our higher-level technicians, since our dev team is actively working on adding more features on Paper. 

Again, thanks a lot for checking in with us on our Forum & please do let me know if you have more Paper-inquiries; it'll be a pleasure to continue this conversation. Happy Monday!  

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Abbie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has the ability to merge cells in a table been added??

Irham
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

+1, I'm planning to use Paper for my starup product management document :))

Keep it up Dropbox 💪🏻

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Abbie) & (@Irham), while this feature isn’t currently available, I appreciate it that you took the time to share your interest on this functionality; I’ve noted all your comments on my report internally adding your voice to the feedback we’re gathering.

Please feel free to get back in touch on our Community if you have more thoughts or questions & it’ll be a pleasure to work with you again in the future. Until then, happy Paper-editing :memo: & I’m wishing you both a relaxed weekend ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

fcana
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

+1!

VarunB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Jane - I second my fellow users' thoughts. I've been using Paper the past month and really like it. Would love the addition of merged cells at the earliest. Thanks! 

Yaco
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

+1 for cell merge. i'd like to set up group worksheets with empty fields, and tables are good for this, and being able to merge would allow to make them much more fine-tuned to layout needs.

Matthewzzz
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi dropbox team !

you made a very good job with Paper, thanx to you !!!!

... but... why is there no evolution since the lunch of the service?? since Deville ask the Q,  merging cells in a row in a table and still not available (after a year !) ?!

Think there is 3 little missing things in order to really work :

1. Merging cells
  2. Paragraph & lines aligment
  3. Color each Cell as we like

Thanx and waiting for nice news #;-)

Cheers

Matthews

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
All great ideas & upon revisiting the thread, it looks like they belong on the Share an Idea section, as other users may be interested in the same functionality & they could also upvote (👍🏽) your posts to show their support. 

Thanks again for choosing Dropbox & I'm always here in case you'd like to share your thoughts or observations! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?