cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I merge cells in a row in a table in PAPER? And additional formatting questions!!!

Can I merge cells in a row in a table in PAPER? And additional formatting questions!!!

DEVILLES
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi all, I am just starting to use PAPER (and loving it). I'm looking for some formatting tips that I can't find the answers for online.

For example:

I'd like to merge cells in a row in a table, is there a way to do that?

Can I customize the font sizes within a document?

Can I italicize and underline text? 

OK, many thanks, DEVILLES

19 Replies 19

cocola
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just want to add to the chorus that merging cells is a basic feature that we need for our documents! It's been in the queue for a long time it looks like, please consider prioritizing it! Thanks.

suujia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Would love merge cell feature as well! Just tried to merge but was not able to. Thanks! I love dropbox paper 🙂

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all, thanks so much for sharing your interest in these ideas!

At the moment, all but one idea is currently a feature within Dropbox Paper. The only one left from the list would be the ability to merge cells within tables!

So that we can track your feedback effectively, I'd like to ask if you can post this request separately so that we can effectively gather your interest in this. 

You can check out Emma's top 10 tips for submitting Paper ideas here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I am still awaiting the integration of paper docs into my standard dropbox files. 

I just don't understand why paper has to be isolated from the rest of dropbox? It is most apparent on iPad, where I have to have separate apps (dropbox and paper). I would much prefer for my paper docs to be nested amongst my other regular folders and files.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Olbliss, thanks for joining us here!

This is something that we're currently looking into with the new 2020 release of Dropbox Paper! You can check out a bit more about this here.

This is only available to new users at the moment, while we don't have a current timeline of release to our existing users we will be rolling out improvements over the coming months.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@Daphne wrote:

Hey @Olbliss, thanks for joining us here!

This is something that we're currently looking into with the new 2020 release of Dropbox Paper! You can check out a bit more about this here.

This is only available to new users at the moment, while we don't have a current timeline of release to our existing users we will be rolling out improvements over the coming months.

It’s annoying that new customers get the new updates, rather than loyal exisiting customers like myself who have used and paid for dropbox for years. 

Can you confirm that it will be developed for the iPad? I solely use dropbox on the iPad, and would love to see paper and dropbox fully integrated on iPad OS.

Thank you! 🙂

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @Olbliss!

At the moment, we're working hard to bring the desktop experience in 2020. I'll make sure to pass along your feedback to our dev team in regards to seeing this also within the mobile apps in the future.

I completely understand that you'd like to try this out yourself, at the moment I could only suggest to create a new account to test out how it works. I'll also make sure to pass along your comments about this to our team too.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

serraltakm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Fully agree with these requests! It would really help to have these features. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @serraltakm, thanks for joining the discussion! 

Which feature would you be mostly interested in seeing in Dropbox Paper in the future? 

If this has already been posted on the Ideas section, then you could pinch the 👍 button to show that you’d be interested in seeing/trying that in the future. 

I’m always here if there’s anything else I can do for you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

RP113
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox paper looks awesome. But merging cells in a table is very basic functionality. Please include!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RP113 New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    serraltakm New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Olbliss Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?