cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I permanently delete all items from the deleted files page?

Can I permanently delete all items from the deleted files page?

llbarre
New member | Level 2

Problem: there's no easy way to empty your trash. 

Solution: add an empty all deleted files button. Please don't make me go through each file individually if I want to empty them.

7 Replies 7

Verwijs
Helpful | Level 6

YESSS!!  :sunglasses:   want this to..!!   please add a "Emty Trash" button. 
most other clouds (like Onedrive, Google Drive, MEGA Sync)  have this already...

OneDrive clean trash

Dizzydelli
Explorer | Level 4

I would like to see an Empty Trash option too!!!

Rich
Super User II

There really isn't a need for this as deleted files do not take up space in your account. If you really want to delete the files in Deleted Files, you can follow the steps to permanently delete them, about half way down the following help article.

armyzn
Explorer | Level 3

Check the box next to the first file, hold SHIFT, scroll down and check the box next to the last file. It will select all files in your trash and you can permanently delete all files from there.

eyescream
New member | Level 2

Yah they do.  I am completely out of space right now and have deleted all my files.  My recycle bin is full.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @eyescream, thanks for joining the Community!

Just to confirm here, deleted files do not take up any space on your Dropbox account online.

If for some reason you’re still low on quota, then it’s possible you have a shared folder that is taking up the remainder of your space. You can leave the shared folders using these steps.

If you’re referring to the actual recycle bin on your computer, then that is another matter, since this is an OS feature. You’ll need to periodically delete files from there to free up space, and this would also be unrelated to deletions on the Dropbox site.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

goldenraven
Helpful | Level 6

I would like that too. 

@llbarre wrote:

Problem: there's no easy way to empty your trash. 

Solution: add an empty all deleted files button. Please don't make me go through each file individually if I want to empty them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

goldenraven Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    eyescream New member | Level 2
    armyzn Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?