cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I recover a file I deleted over a month ago?

Highlighted

Can I recover a file I deleted over a month ago?

New member | Level 2

Sent a finished wedding video to a bride. It sat for months in my dropbox taking up gigs of space. I deleted it and put in on a hard drive.

Boom. Months later the bride wants me to put the video on a flash drive and send it to her. Here's the kick. She didn't download the video. And the hard drive that it is on is broke. This was over thirty days ago since i deleted it. Is there a way to recover the video?

47 Replies 47
Highlighted

Re: Can I recover a file I deleted over a month ago?

Dropboxer

Hi @Blair1919; welcome to our Community!

Dropbox Basic and Plus users have a recovery window for 30 days while this extends to 180 days when on the Professional or one of our Business plans so if your account's version history allows it, you'll be able to recover it normally.

If the deletion was performed outside of this window though, I'm afraid you won't be able to restore the file in question. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Can I restore some files that were deleted over a month ago?

New member | Level 2

Hello  

I just found out that a Dropbox folder has accidentally been deleted back in Febuary. I looked up how to restore files, but the ones Dropbox shows me under "Deleted files" in my profile are not the ones I am looking to restore.

Does anyone know a way to restore a folder that has been deleted a month ago? Or maybe how I can call the Dropbox support?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Sunna

Highlighted

Re: Can I restore some files that were deleted over a month ago?

Dropboxer

Hi @Sunna1; how are you today?

As your query seems to echo the OP here, I moved your post under this thread.

At your convenience, please take a look and let me know if you have any follow up questions! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Can I restore files that were deleted more than 30 days ago?

New member | Level 2

How do I restore files that have passed the 30 day period

Highlighted

Re: Can I restore files that were deleted more than 30 days ago?

Dropboxer

Hi @Matteske, I moved your post here as other users have asked a similar question. 

Have a look at what @Walter mentions and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other queries. Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

I can't find any files on the deleted files page, can I recover my files?

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Some of my files were deleted a while ago (perhaps within, but maybe just over a year ago). These do not appear in the 'deleted files' section on my account, so I am unable to see whether I could recover them by rewinding my account.

I only have a very basic Dropbox account and would be willing to pay to recover the files by paying for a more advanced account. However, I want to know that the deleted files can definitely be restored before doing so.

How could I do this?

Many thanks,

Flora

Highlighted

Re: I can't find any files on the deleted files page, can I recover my files?

Dropboxer

Hi @floral; welcome aboard!

Since your query echoes the discussion here, I moved your post under this thread. 

Feel free to take a look and let us know if you have any questions! 

Also, note that if you upgrade to a plan with a longer version history, your new version history window starts on the day you upgrade and won't work retroactively.

For example, if you upgrade from a Basic plan with a 30-day window to a Professional plan with a 180-day window, you'll be able to view all deleted files and edits within the next 180 days, but you won't be able to view deleted files or edits from 180 days ago.

I hope this helps!

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

HelloI
lost 1,385 files in 10/2/2020 .. I deleted it by mistake
it has been more than 30 days i did not notice this thing except today .. How can I recover all files.I hope you keep a copy of your deleted files.
please help me to returen my files.
thank you

Highlighted

Super User II

@benmrwan wrote:

it has been more than 30 days i did not notice this thing except today .. How can I recover all files.

As stated above, files deleted outside of your recovery window cannot be restored.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?