cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I recover files from the end of last year?

Highlighted

Can I recover files from the end of last year?

New member | Level 2
I'm a teacher and was running out of room for files on Dropbox so at the end of the year I transferred (so I thought) my files to our school OneDrive folder. Now I see that many important files did not transfer. Is there any way to get them back?
1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Lost Files

Dropboxer

Hi @benstanley, thanks for joining the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. If you're on a Dropbox Basic or Plus plan, then you'd have 30 days to recover your files, and 180 days on a Dropbox Professional or Business plan.

Even if you were on the Professional or Business plan since the deletion, it wouldn't be possible to recover those files since it would be outside the 180 recovery period.

Nevertheless, it might be possible to recover the files from the local machine from the recycle bin, or using a third party app or service to do so.

I hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?