cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reset my Camera uploads?

Can I reset my Camera uploads?

Lars O.2
Explorer | Level 4

I have performed at long last a major clean-up of my pictures on my mobile units (iPhone/iPad) covering three year!. Cleaned out 2 485 pics. These were formally uploaded to my MacBook Pro Camera Uploads file on DropBox. Now, I erased ALL files from the same time period on my MacBook DropBox and thought that DropBox would then automatically repeat upload to the same Camera Upload file. But NO, it just gave a message that these 2 485 files had alreade been automatically uploaded. 

Question: How can I enforce upload of this "cleansed" pic file from my mobile unit to my Camera Upload file on my MacBook?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I reset my Camera uploads?

Fiona
Dropboxer

Hey here @Lars O.2. Good question! :nerd:

We can reset the Camera Upload settings for your account on our end.

:gear:This will cause all photos and videos to upload again, including any that have already been uploaded. There is no way to manually choose which photos will re-upload in this process.

If you want us to do this for you, please confirm back and I will create a ticket to do this for you right away. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Fiona
Dropboxer

Hey here @Lars O.2. Good question! :nerd:

We can reset the Camera Upload settings for your account on our end.

:gear:This will cause all photos and videos to upload again, including any that have already been uploaded. There is no way to manually choose which photos will re-upload in this process.

If you want us to do this for you, please confirm back and I will create a ticket to do this for you right away. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Lars O.2
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Fiona,
That sounds like a great solution.
But I guess this would mean that I would get duplicates of a lot of photos that are remaining in the existing Camera Upload folder?
In such case I should probably first erase ALL photos contained in that folder to avoid having to later erase all duplicates?
Regards,

Lars

Fiona
Dropboxer

Hey @Lars O.2! Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yeap. That is correct! If the files have not been deleted from Dropbox you would get duplicates after resetting camera uploads. So happy you thought of that. :relieved: I didn't mention it, because my understadning was that the files have already been deleted. 

"I erased ALL files from the same time period on my MacBook DropBox and thought that DropBox would then automatically repeat upload to the same Camera Upload file"

But since you haven't. Get back to me when you delete them and I will create a ticket to complete this Camera upload reset for you. 

Thanks! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Lars O.2
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Fiona!

Back from a lengthy trip abroad I am now ready. Could you now please reset my Camera uploads, to enable me to re-upload my cleaned-up pic folder from my iPad?

Thanks!

Lars

Fiona
Dropboxer

:grinning: Welcome back @Lars O.2 ! Hope you had an amazing time. 

I have just sent you an email to proceed with this. 

Thank you!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Lars O.2
Explorer | Level 4

I confirm that I agree to the suggested solution to reset my camera uploads.

jasonblum
Explorer | Level 4

May I do this too?

Mark
Super User II

@jasonblum please log a ticket and ask them to do it for you:

www.dropbox.com/support and then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Fiona
Dropboxer

Happy Monday everyone! :coffee:

I got you @jasonblum.  :nerd: I used the address associated with your Community profile to create a ticket and start this process for you as well. 

Whenever you get some time, please respond to my email. 

Cheers! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    nieznamcie Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropboxer
    IreneRensen New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?