cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Folders

Can I see who added a file to our shared folders?

SandraRios
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to get a list of added documents that were add from people outside of the team? Example - We have a team of 8, we share folders with clients. Is there a way to know when a client adds a document? The event pages works, but there is so many to go through. Is there a way to filter it for people outside the team?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Sandra, aside from the events page, it isn’t possible to determine who created a folder or file on your account, at least from the general files page.

The version history of a file does show who added or edited a file, but you need to access it manually to see this.

If the Dropbox Business team is on the advanced subscription, the team admin can run an activity log of ‘Added a file to their Dropbox (non-team member)’, which can be accessed from here.

Hopefully this should help clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Sandra, aside from the events page, it isn’t possible to determine who created a folder or file on your account, at least from the general files page.

The version history of a file does show who added or edited a file, but you need to access it manually to see this.

If the Dropbox Business team is on the advanced subscription, the team admin can run an activity log of ‘Added a file to their Dropbox (non-team member)’, which can be accessed from here.

Hopefully this should help clarify matters!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

ryanstud
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A similar related question, is there a way to let unique people know when a new file is added to a shared folder with say a realtime notice or daily email of activity within the folder? I have shared a folder with a lot of folks some of which have edit access to add files. Other individuals would like to be notified when a file is added who are not the owner of the shared folder.

Thanks,

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ryanstud, while there isn't a way to get a daily email, there is a weekly digest for shared folders. 

Additionally, there are desktop notifications for new files when the app is online, and these can be adjusted using these steps.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?