cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: alphabetical sorting

Can I sort my files in any other way except alphabetical?

ernie w.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

how can i prevent db from sorting everything into alphabetical order, i want to share lists in the order that i put them in NOT aphabetical

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Heli_Guy
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

A simple way of doing that is to prefix the file names with track number, for example:

01 - The First Song.mp3

02 - The Second Song.mp3

03 - The Third Song.mp3

04 - The Fourth Song.mp3

etc...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Heli_Guy
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Can you be more specific?

Is this on the web page or on the computer?

Sharing files shares a bunch of files. The sorting order should not make a difference one way or the other.

If you could further detail your problem it would help understand your issue.

ernie w.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply

i want to share a list of songs in gig order not alphabetically but in the order they are to be played ..db always puts them in this order although i dont enter them in that way 

Heli_Guy
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

A simple way of doing that is to prefix the file names with track number, for example:

01 - The First Song.mp3

02 - The Second Song.mp3

03 - The Third Song.mp3

04 - The Fourth Song.mp3

etc...

ernie w.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

as simple as that ..would never had thought of it thanks very much

stevied234
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Guy was right. Go to Internet Explorer and rename your file as A1–the first song, A2–The second song, etc. Then reload them into dropbox. I am unsure as to whether you can rename right in dropbox, but i doubt it. I like starting with the letter A because if there are more than nine songs in a set, then you can go to B–10, B–11, etc.

Need more support?