cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I use a link, that would be set on my site and that would allow people to freely upload cont

Can I use a link, that would be set on my site and that would allow people to freely upload content?

EmeyWhatson
Explorer | Level 3

On our website we have a submit a file function, where a customer fills out a form and submits any files we are working on for them. These files are then uploaded in to a designated dropbox. We have been having issues with one or two customers not being able to submit the form, so i wanted to create a secondary way to up load. 

My Idea was to set a permalink with a request a file that anyone can use. (aka. open to anyone with out inviting them)

Is this possible or am I over ambitious with this? https://omegle.onl/

2 Replies 2

Re: Can I use a link, that would be set on my site and that would allow people to freely upload cont

Mark
Super User II

It is in theory possible and should be easy to do.... the only thing to watch is that there is no audit of WHO uploaded WHAT. So unless its obvious which client will upload what file you may have issues. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Can I use a link, that would be set on my site and that would allow people to freely upload c...

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @EmeyWhatson, I hope you're having a great day! 

The best way to achieve this, would be to use the File Request feature on your site. Anyone would be able to click on it, and send you a file using it. 

Let me know if you need more info on this, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
? Still stuck? Ask me a question!
? Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?