cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a share link be used to show what account created it.

Highlighted

Can a share link be used to show what account created it.

New member | Level 2

Good Day All.

I have the following problem.

At the start of April this year, i uploaded and then shared some docs and programs via the DropBox app.

NOw a few months later I had to replace my laptop,

I have logged into DropBox with the account that would have been set up on my old Laptop but sadly the specific shared folder nor any of the files are on that account, so i started backtracking any and all possible user accounts but no Joy.

But i managed to get a copy of the Shared Link in one of my Sent emails on Gmail.

Now my question is, can that sharelink be used to backtrack to give me at least account name

\That i can use to try and recover, because there are other files i cant acces as i never shared them.

Any ideas please

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Can a share link be used to show what account created it.

Super User II

You would need to contact Support at www.dropbox.com/support - note that only some options may be available if you are a free user. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?