cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can edit TXT in IOS but not GDOC, edit GDOC in Chrome but not TXT- why do I even have this app?

Can edit TXT in IOS but not GDOC, edit GDOC in Chrome but not TXT- why do I even have this app?

AAR89
Explorer | Level 4

Its just so frustrating to not to find a file-type that will both work on my stationary and on my phone.

Should I just scrap dropbox and go for the windows or Chrome alternatives with more universal integration?

3 Replies 3

Re: Can edit TXT in IOS but not GDOC, edit GDOC in Chrome but not TXT- why do I even have this app?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @AAR89, thanks for posting today!

We appreciate the feedback on the txt and Google Docs integration.

You can use Microsoft Word, which can be edited on the Dropbox site and mobile app.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Can edit TXT in IOS but not GDOC, edit GDOC in Chrome but not TXT- why do I even have this app?

AAR89
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Jay,

Yeah, I know about the word-integration. Thing is, its extremely clunky to edit- the text editor on the phone is great, 

it has a readable font-size that pops up in a second.

Opening the document in word means 1. Loading word. 2. Clicking the link again. And when this is done, the font is extremely small, its difficult to add and remove numbers.

Ive used google drive, and later dropbox, with notes, as a exercise diary for like 4-5 years now, but the integration for browser is really something that I keep checking every few months, and annoys me every time. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update. If you're interested, there is also Dropbox Paper, which can be edited via both the site and Paper mobile app directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    AAR89 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?