cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can files in my Dropbox account be infected and will that affect their shortcuts?

Explorer | Level 4

Hello all!

If the original files are stored in dropbox and we only have shortcuts to the files on  desktop, can the original files in dropbox be infected and can it infect all the files although not all machines can access the same files?

BR

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Can files in my Dropbox account be infected and will that affect their shortcuts?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @ktomr, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community!

In general, the Dropbox folder on your computer is just like any other folder on your hard drive. 

Having said that, I'd recommend checking out this article on how to protect yourself from phishing and viruses, as well as this link on what to do if your files get corrupted or renamed by randosmware. 

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?