cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can mobile app be update to allow it to select a specific folder to save to for each device?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It would be great if the app could be updated to allow a specific folder to be chosen for each device to save their pictures to. in my case I have two sons that I want to put this app on their phone, but I don't want their pictures added to the same folder as mine is that will cause a lot of work to separate them later.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Can mobile app be update to allow it to select a specific folder to save to for each device?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @chilker - welcome to our Community and thanks for using our camera uploads feature. 

At first, note that sharing an individual account is not recommended as sharing your Dropbox password with others also violates the Dropbox Terms of Service. 

Therefore, I'd suggest having your sons create their own accounts to keep things separate and from there share whatever files/folders you (or your sons) see fit. It may not be optimal but I hope this helps to some extent. 

That being said, I understand your track of thought and I'll make a note of your comments within my internal report with the team - thanks for you input on this!

If there's anything else you'd like to add or even ask, please let me know; I'll be happy to follow up.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?