cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can no longer share files since Dropbox added a new message

Can no longer share files since Dropbox added a new message

BaySHO Performance
Explorer | Level 3

I can no longer share files since the addition a few days ago of an 'accept or decline cookies' message started to show up. If I create a link for a .doc file, the file opens at the top of the document, but I can't scroll through it. A .xls file comes back as a completely blank page. I think there's a bug in the program.

Anyone else have this problem?

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @BaySHO Performance, happy Thursday. I hope you're doing well!

Have you tried a different browser?

If I were you, I'd also clear the cache on my current browser, and try again. 

Let me know how this goes!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BaySHO Performance
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the tip, Megan. I pinged a few people and found the answer. I asked them to attempt to open and download a couple of my files and they didn't have any problems. They were even successful using Firefox, my web browser.

That doesn't work for me when I use Firefox, so I downloaded Microsoft Edge for Windows Seven, and I can now open the files just fine. So the problem is with my Firefox installation.

Need more support?