cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer share files

Can no longer share files

Proximo
Explorer | Level 4

Like the subject says, sharing of files doesn't work any longer.

I even checked the network panel of chrome to figure out whats going wrong, and the server answers "access denied" to my request.

The website shows no message at all and the access denied message in debug view doesn't contain any message why this happens.

Also, already shared files can no longer be accessed by other people.

If there is a limit to traffic or any kind of explaination for this error, please tell me. Expecially because i could not send this question to support, but have to ask here. The chatbot is also not working at all.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can no longer share files

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @Proximo, welcome to our online community! 

It sounds like some of your links may have generated excessive traffic, and so sharing has been halted. The first time this happens, it can last for 24 hours, and if it occurs again it can last longer. 

I suggest waiting for 24 hours, which is the duration of the first sharing ban (more info here), and then see if your links work again. If the issue continues, let me know, and we’ll go from there. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @Proximo, welcome to our online community! 

It sounds like some of your links may have generated excessive traffic, and so sharing has been halted. The first time this happens, it can last for 24 hours, and if it occurs again it can last longer. 

I suggest waiting for 24 hours, which is the duration of the first sharing ban (more info here), and then see if your links work again. If the issue continues, let me know, and we’ll go from there. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Proximo
Explorer | Level 4

It does work again today, so i assum you are right.

It would really be helpful to have a message like "you exceeded the traffic limit", "this file is to big to share", "your don't have a licence for this content" or whatever. To just trigger a silent error that reads "access denied" in the dev console only (what isn't helpful in the least) is no way to show customers that there is a problem that could be fixed with an account upgrade.

So anyway, while this error is fixed, there need to be a better explaination and solution to this kind of problem, please.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?