cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create a Link or use shared links

Can not create a Link or use shared links

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Please, I already have some files in a folder in Dropbox. I shared their links to some people but no one can view and or download these files (facing with Error 404) while I am sure I have those files in my dropbox without any change in their folder.

Also, I am facing with the message "You don't have permission to create a link to this content" while I trying to crease a link to share.

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can not create a Link or use shared links

Super User II

@MZD1 wrote:

I shared their links to some people but no one can view and or download these files (facing with Error 404) ... Also, I am facing with the message "You don't have permission to create a link to this content" while I trying to crease a link to share.

It sounds like your ability to share has been disabled. You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly for assistance with this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Can not create a Link or use shared links

Super User II

@MZD1 wrote:

I shared their links to some people but no one can view and or download these files (facing with Error 404) ... Also, I am facing with the message "You don't have permission to create a link to this content" while I trying to crease a link to share.

It sounds like your ability to share has been disabled. You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly for assistance with this.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?