cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open my google docs in dropbox on my iPhone app

Can not open my google docs in dropbox on my iPhone app

Loa_Nor
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there.

I have now moved my gdocs to our Dropbox.

But trying to open the gdoc from Dropbox on my iphone, it will not open. But on my Mac Pro it is all ok, I open it from Dropbox and it opens it selv in Google browser.

And another thing - is there something like gdocs that Dropbox has, if I just copy my things from gdocs to XX Dropbox file. Or does that not exist? Is Dropbox "just" a Sky?
Thank you.
Loa

5 Replies 5

Re: Can not open my google docs in dropbox on my iPhone app

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Loa_Nor, thanks for messaging today!

Are you trying to open the Google Docs app via the Dropbox mobile app, or are you trying to preview it some other way?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

There is Dropbox Paper, which allows you to enter text, however, it isn't similar to Google Docs in that it's not a fully-featured word processor.

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Loa_Nor
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay. 

Thank you for reaching out for me 🙂
Yes, I´m trying to open gdoc via iphone through Dropbox, that is the gdoc is storage in my Dropbox.
I can not open it via Paper (just got it and which i btw looooove - I think I will copy/paste my things from gdoc to Paper) or from Dropbox on my phone. But the same doc on my computer is no prob, it opens it from Dropbox og opens in (google) browser and I can edit.

In the meantime from this writing....I discovered Paper. WOW 😄

Cheers!
Loa
This is what comes up when I click on it to open; Please se attachIMG_F636D2FF3FD4-1.jpeg

Jay
Dropboxer
It looks like you opened the file to preview it in the Dropbox mobile app. Could you try opening it in the Google Docs app on your device?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Loa_Nor
Explorer | Level 4

Yes I can open it in Google doc on my phone. I was just thinking off stop using that and use just Dropbox.
But you know what - I did copy my things from gdoc to Paper. So, now it works perfectly. Thank you.

Loa_Nor
Explorer | Level 4

If you want to know, since I´m using Dropbox instead of gdrive now, I found Paper from Dropbox. Works like gdocs....just better. I´m loving it. Just copy/paste and Paper is free.
Good luck
Loa

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?