cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Folder - shared folders from a deleted account can't be deleted from my desktop.

Can't Delete Folder - shared folders from a deleted account can't be deleted from my desktop.

Helpful | Level 5

OK, this might be a weird situation but it's driving me nuts. I volunteer for a government agency and shared a folder with an employee who is no longer there. So when they wiped his account I guess the folders we were sharing were removed from my account (which is fine) BUT they still show up on my desktop and dropbox is trying to sync them. I want to remove the sync request dropbox keeps making because it prevents syncing of other items. I also can't remove them from my desktop because they are locked and I can't unlock them. I don't care if they are there, I just want dropbox to stop requesting or looking to sync folders that are gone.

If push comes to shove I guess I can just stop using dropbox and wipe it and the folders and move to Google Drive.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Delete Folder

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne, thanks for the reply...I managed to find something in support docs that had me type in a bunch of terminal commands and things seem to be back on track. Not sure how something would happen to require that needing terminal, but that's what seemed to fix it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hi there @Asyd Rayn, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know if you still see these folders in your Dropbox account online? If so, can you try deleting them from there?

Otherwise, can you pausing the desktop app sync and then try deleting the folder once more?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne, thanks for the reply...I managed to find something in support docs that had me type in a bunch of terminal commands and things seem to be back on track. Not sure how something would happen to require that needing terminal, but that's what seemed to fix it.

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear you got that sorted @Asyd Rayn!

I'll be just a post away if you need anything else. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?