cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download any Files

Can't Download any Files

JessJessiJessica
New member | Level 2

Dropbox will not let me download any of my files needed for work. I've already tried clearing caches, both on Safari and Chrome. On Safari, the download stalls at any random point, and the time just keeps going up. On Chrome, every time I download it says "Failed - Network error." I only have these problems using dropbox, and never any other website. I am now unable to do my job, because dropbox will not complete any downloads. 

4 Replies 4

Re: Can't Download any Files

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Jessica

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.   Sorry, you are having issues.

Have you tried a different browser to see if that the files will download?  

Also, another thing you can try is to go to settings in Chrome.  Click on the 3 dots on the bar on far right hand side and select Settings

Then scroll down and click on Advanced and scroll to Download.  I would click on Ask where to save each file before downloading and turn that on.  See if that helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

JessJessiJessica
New member | Level 2

I've already tried both Chrome and Safari. Neither have worked. And the file won't download regardless of where I download it on my computer. I had to ask the owner to re-send me all the files via WeTransfer instead. 

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for replying.  How did you receive the files?  thru shared folder?  via Links?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

JessJessiJessica
New member | Level 2

I received links.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JessJessiJessica New member | Level 2
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?