cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access a business dropbox I was invited to edit from my basic account

Can't access a business dropbox I was invited to edit from my basic account

New member | Level 2

I was invited to edit a business account folder but my dropbox says I don't have enough storage to access it. What could be the problem? The business account owner needs to change some setting or do I?

3 Replies 3

Re: Can't access a business dropbox I was invited to edit from my basic account

Dropboxer

Hi @Riccardo Casini, thanks for providing these details!

It sounds like instead of joining a Dropbox Business team, where you have shared quota, they invited you to a shared folder. This requires you to have enough quota on your account to add the folder onto your account.

You can ask the owner of the folder to share a link to the folder to download the files in it, or use file requests to upload files to their account.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Thank you very much for precious help.

Could the business account owner include me as part of the business account team so that I'd be able to access the folder? Or is the shared link the only option? 

Dropboxer

Assuming that they are a Dropbox Business team, and not just a paid personal account, then the admin can add you to their team by paying for an additional license.

You can try asking them if they have a Dropbox Business team and if it's possible to add your account to their team.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?