cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access a folder in a friend's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have the space.

Can't access a folder in a friend's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have the space.

MarshallJulius
New member | Level 2

I can't access a shared folder from another person's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have enough space. I've been given editing privileges in the other person's account. I don't see how it's relevant what sort of account I have. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't access a folder in a friend's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have the sp

Rich
Super User II

@MarshallJulius wrote:

I can't access a shared folder from another person's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have enough space. I've been given editing privileges in the other person's account. I don't see how it's relevant what sort of account I have. 

It's relevant because shared folders exist in your account as well, and you need to have enough space in your account to hold the folder. You're not accessing the folder in their account. You're adding it to your own account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: Can't access a folder in a friend's paid account as I'm told my free account doesn't have the sp

Rich
Super User II

@MarshallJulius wrote:

It's relevant because shared folders exist in your account as well, and you need to have enough space in your account to hold the folder. You're not accessing the folder in their account. You're adding it to your own account.

View solution in original post

MarshallJulius
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich. I understand now and appreciate you take the time to explain. 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MarshallJulius New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?