cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t attach files from Dropbox into xero

Smithers
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there 

I can’t attach my PDF from Dropbox to Xero. I go into browse select Dropbox and I can see all the PDF files but they are grey and the download button I can not press. Iv tried deleting the app and re installing and it doesn’t work. I only have this issue on the iPad. When I’m working off my Samsung and computer the download button and file name is not grey.

Thanks 

11 Replies 11

Re: Can’t attach files from Dropbox into xero

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Smithers - welcome to out Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

At first, could you forward me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so I can see if the issue is coming from our application or the third party app you mentioned? 

Could you also walk me through the exact steps you take to do this if you're doing it via our mobile app on your iPad? 

Any additional information you think might help our investigation is more than welcome. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SootyDKS New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have exactly the same problem on my iPad. I have to email the pdf file to Xero then attach it in Xero which is a long winded way of doing it.

Smithers
Explorer | Level 3
Its annoying aye. There is some issue with dropbox not working with Apple. It would be nice if they sorted it

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this @Smithers & @SootyDKS

Have you by any chance reported this to them?

As the integration with our service would be maintained and handled by the 3rd party service/app you mention (Xero in this case), I'd suggest letting its developers know about the problem you're experiencing.

If there's anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.

Oh, and welcome to our Community!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Smithers
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter

As mentioned before this issue occurs on the app and the website. It direct tou to dropbox and the download button is grey. So wouldn't this be a dropbox issue not working with Apple. As I have no issues when using the computer or my Samsung

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional detail there @Smithers.

Could you post a screenshot of the last screen before you hit this issue?

Also, can you provide me with the exact steps you take that result in this?

Thanks in advance!

Walter

Smithers
Explorer | Level 3
Do you an email address I can send this through too? Basically I hit an issue as soon as it uploads dropbox the file is grey

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

You can submit a ticket through this page for account specific troubleshooting @Smithers

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know the ticket's ID (a 7 digit number) here so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap.

Thanks!

Walter

Smithers
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter

I sent through the screenshots on the live chat. I spoken to Sandy she said this would be an Apple issue. So I will contact them but when I go into Xero it does redirect to dropbox. So I would have thought this is a dropbox issue. To cover all areas I have also contacted Xero too

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?