cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change the language inside the files: they are in Chinese

Can't change the language inside the files: they are in Chinese

GoraMoras
New member | Level 2

How do i change the inner language of the files?Screenshot_2021-01-16-16-19-43-227_com.dropbox.android.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: Can't change the language inside the files: they are in Chinese

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @GoraMoras,

😆😃🙂 Strange question! If you ever needed such files, did you considered learning foreign languages of your interest (whatever they are)? 😉 Another solution could be to ask the producer of particular file to use a language friendly for both of you. What language are you using when have confirmed the sharing, for example? 👆 Other useful option would be usage of automatic translation tools. There are lots.

About Dropbox sync, has the file damaged somehow when synced or the only "damage" appears that you don't understand content?

Hope this gives some useful directions to you.

GoraMoras
New member | Level 2

I am not sharing this file, Mandarine appears only on my phone, although on my laptop there is English, strange, isn't it? 

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Yes, it's sounding really strange in such a case. 🤔 My impression about encoding used by Dropbox text editor (seems, the one you are using here) is UTF-8. Usually used encodings are discovered automatically, but... who knows... Is the same encoding in use by text editor in use to view/edit the particular file on your laptop? 🧐 Encodings mismatch is the only thing I can think of now. Check it! What is the encoding on your laptops editor in use? Are the used encodings (if not absolutely same, which is the best case) at least same width in bytes? If not, they are absolutely incompatible.

Hope this gives right direction.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?