cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a share link

Can't create a share link

Solax
New member | Level 2

Hey guys! 

I have problem, I have macbook pro macos catalina. I can't create a share link to my files from droppbox app on mac. I'm trying to press right mouse button on file from dropbox folder and copy a drobpox link but it doesn't work because when I paste I have nothing if you know what I mean (I do that everytime). I also tried create a share link from my Iphone but there it doesn't work too (look at the screenshot). When I'm trying to create a share link from website sometimes I can but created link doesn't work "error 404" (look at the screenshot), but other times I have a message "You can't create a shared link because you don't have a permission", but Im sure I have!

Yesterday everything was fine, but today I don't know what I should do... I tried restart computer, dropbox app, log out and log in again but it doesn't help. Do you know What I have to do? I need dropbox to working.

Website - my own created shared links from dropbox website (sometimes i can created link from website but then these links doesn't work like you can see"Website - my own created shared links from dropbox website (sometimes i can created link from website but then these links doesn't work like you can see"Website "You can't create a shared link because you don't have a permissionWebsite "You can't create a shared link because you don't have a permissionIphone app "You can't create a link. Something went wrong..."Iphone app "You can't create a link. Something went wrong..."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't create a share link

Solax
New member | Level 2

Ok problem is solved I got block on dropbox on 24 hours

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Solax
New member | Level 2

Ok problem is solved I got block on dropbox on 24 hours

View solution in original post

mariepoland
New member | Level 2

The same thing is happening to me...how did you resolve it.

Now mine is saying I have shared too many in a day which I haven't done any today or yesterday, etc....

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @mariepoland, thanks for nudging us here. 

If you're still getting this error message after 24 hours, the best way to look into this would be to contact our Support team. 

Once you do that, you can get back to us with the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that we can pass your comments along. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

md badsha
New member | Level 2

I can not create share link. Dropbox show "you do not have permission to create a link to this content". I did log out, uninstall and again login . But I can not solve this. this problem started yesterday. please help me.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

md badsha New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
    mariepoland New member | Level 2
    Solax New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?