cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create links anymore

Can't create links anymore

New member | Level 2

Hi all

I can't create links anymore. It is saying I don't have permission to create link for this content. This never happened before.

5 Replies 5

Re: Can't create links anymore

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @b reel music,

The issue disturbing you is most probably a bug discussed here and here. Seems that's affecting desktop versions of Dropbox application, but not online ability to link creation (which could be used as a workaround). Can you share the application details you are having troubles with?

Thanks, @b reel music.

New member | Level 2

Hi 

Some of my links are working and some aren't. When I try to create a new link to the ones that aren't it says You don't have permission to create a link to this file.  This is very frustrating as I need these links working.

Thanks

Ben

New member | Level 2

My email affiliated to dropbox account in question is [removed per the Community's Guidelines] . Maybe I got a ban imposed but I received no message about it. If I un installed and re installed dropbox would this help?  Very annoying that some files within a folder I can copy link but others saying No permission.  Here is an example of a folder that I can copy the link then within that folder some files are not accessible. Thanks.  It seems like Dropbox has purposely put in these bugs so people will upgrade. Thats what I think, because there is no support from dropbox for this. 

New member | Level 2

New member | Level 2

I tried un installing and re installing dropbox but still no difference . I have another account but have only 2gb on it . This account I have over 5gb so I don't want to delete it but seems like Dropbox is making it difficult for me to proceed with this account. Very unfair as they are screwing up my business and career. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?