cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't create local un-synced folder with Selective Sync any more?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Здравко, I restarted dropbox on windows, now it works! It seems I have successfully changed the attr, but somehow the new change is not scanned by dropbox. After the restart, the icon becomes grey. Thanks!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

it is more than 6 months later - where is the .dropboxignore file.

It does not have to be fancy, but since .gitignore is a standard for repositories, for sync it would breathe life into a problem thatdespirately needs as sollution, and has needed one for many years. Just ignore any path specified in the file, relative to the file. Don't tough it, don't even index it, it is going to change so allow me to tell you to ignore it.

I had to sit through a sync of 5000+ files last night because the command line "sollution" did not work, and I ended up with a conflicted "node_modules" folder. Great way to waste everyone's time. 

References to simlilar requests/comments to show we are not exaggerating:

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?