cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete or remove a folder

Can't delete or remove a folder

dalden
Helpful | Level 6

I am trying to remove a folder that exists on my PC from Dropbox.  I am the owner and no one else is shared.  When I am in dropbox.com I can select the folder but there is no Delete function available in the ellipsis ... options. Also there is no option to remove from Dropbox. If I press the Delete button my PC a box pops up with a delete option.  When I click  Delete in the box a message says Deleting 1 item.  A few seconds later a message pops up saying Unable to delete 1 item.  Does anyone know why can't I delete or remove this folder from Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't delete or remove a folder

Mark
Super User II

You have enabled Computer Backup on your machine - follow this to disable it

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/computer-backup

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @dalden, thanks for contacting us!

What's the name of this folder you're trying to delete?

Does it have a special folder icon on the Dropbox site, like a building or Windows logo?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dalden
Helpful | Level 6

The folder names are PC then under this folder are Downloads, Desktop, Documents.  I was setting up a new PC. I installed Dropbox and some how these folders got added to Dropbox.  I did not add the folders to Dropbox.  I don't want to delete the folders from the PC I just want to remove them from Dropbox.

dalden
Helpful | Level 6

The PC folder has a windows icon.

Mark
Super User II

You have enabled Computer Backup on your machine - follow this to disable it

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/computer-backup

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

dalden
Helpful | Level 6

This resolved the issue. I was able to delete the folders from Dropbox.  Thanks for your assistance.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dalden Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?