cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download files on a mobile app

Can't download files on a mobile app

nenejk
Explorer | Level 3

Please help.  I was sent a link to an mp3 file through facebook messenger .  

When I click on the link, I am able to open it and play it on my phone when I click on Open In Website

When I click on the link and say open in app to copy link and it does that, it then will be there but then I click on it and get a picture of a cat that says it can't open file.

PLEASE help me!!!

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Re: please help so frustrated

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @nenejk, thanks for posting today!

Are you able to open the link on a desktop machine, which you can then open in a desktop browser?

Are you able to add the file to your own Dropbox account from there?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nenejk
Explorer | Level 3
I tried it on a desktop and on my phone. It’s so weird because when I go to the website it works. When i try to copy the link in the app it doesn’t let me open the file. I have tried on both the computer and my phone. I’m at a complete loss

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you describe exactly what happens when you click the link on a computer? What options do you get on the screen? Any screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nenejk
Explorer | Level 3
It says file can not load with a picture of a cat. I’m drying to save the mp3 file sent to me through Facebook messenger

Jay
Dropboxer
If it doesn't work on the desktop or mobile app, then it could mean that the link itself is no longer working. Could you attach a screenshot showing what you're seeing on a desktop browser?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    nenejk Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?