cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't download .psd file?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My friend sent me a Dropbox Photoshop file that I need to download and edit in paint.net (this file, in fact) https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzoe1r1mv3nphb0/Ilyushin%20Il-96-300.psd?dl=0

It has many layers that I need to edit, but when I right click "save as" it saves as a PNG with no layers. If I click "copy image" it copies as a PNG with no layers. How can I download? I'm afraid I'm awfully new to Dropbox, I created my account yesterday, so please go easy on me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't download .psd file?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @ApocalypticCow - welcome to our Community!

At first, note that what you mentioned is normal as you're saving the preview (the PNG file) of the file and not the file itself. 

To download the actual file, you'll need to find the 'Download' button on the upper right corner right above the comments' pane.

If you're not seeing this for any reason, please clear your browser's cache, try an incognito window or even another browser.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @ApocalypticCow - welcome to our Community!

At first, note that what you mentioned is normal as you're saving the preview (the PNG file) of the file and not the file itself. 

To download the actual file, you'll need to find the 'Download' button on the upper right corner right above the comments' pane.

If you're not seeing this for any reason, please clear your browser's cache, try an incognito window or even another browser.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Using the incognito mode worked! Thanks!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?