cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't drag and drop photos

Can't drag and drop photos

Rocko1
Explorer | Level 3

I have Mac Sierra 10.12.6 (laptop) and just downloaded and installed updated Dropbox, which won't let me drag and drop photos from a Photos album to a newly created/named Dropbox folder. On opening said new folder, which obviously is empty, and trying to drag and drop "onto this window" as instructed by Dropbox, all that happens is pop-up message saying can't upload photos to an empty folder. (At same time, Dropbox has defaulted to the "Upload" tab, whereas I'd initially selected "Create" to, duh, create a new folder.)

I've read similar complaints here and but have seen no helpful answers; maybe I'm just too dense, but...

What to do?? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Re: Can't drag and drop photos

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Rocko1, happy Friday! 

Just to clarify, do you drag and drop the files from your Photos album into an empty folder inside your Dropbox folder? 

Feel free to send me some step-by-step screenshots, since it'd give us a great visual.

Enjoy your weekend, and keep me posted.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rocko1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Megan,

I finally got it to work by dragging from folder on desktop to Dropbox site, instead of from my Photos app to Dropbox app (as suggested by my computer-repair-and-installation kid, lol). Now I need to know how to determine if supposed recipient of link with whom I think/tried to share ever actually received the link and looked at photos, as I've heard not a word and it's been about 1 1/2 wks.

Thanks again!

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Rocko1, happy Wednesday!

Generally, when someone opens a shared link, no details will be displayed.

However, it sounds like viewer info might be what you're looking for. 

Keep in mind that if you're using a Plus, Family or Basic plan, you won't be able to use it. 

Cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rocko1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks again, Megan, but I have no idea what, if any, "plan" I have! All I did was, first, download the updated app (b/c the previous one I had - as result of others sharing photos and sending links - had become outdated), then tried but was unable to drag and drop from Photos to newly created and empty Dropbox folder, then successfully dragged from plain 'ole Desktop folder to Dropbox folder using the actual website instead of the Dropbox app. Didn't select any particular plan and don't remember seeing any kind of prompt to do so.

So now what? (Sorry to be so lame, lol!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rocko1 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?