cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can no longer drag files out of Dropbox onto the desktop

TLLEI
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, Walter. That does seem to work.  It looks funny, but I guess I will get used to moving things around in Finder.  I'll let you know if I have problems.

alex hilliard
New member | Level 2

Im using win10 and also of this morning I cant drag out of the dropbox app,

the only way I can do it is by opening the dropbox folder in file explorer then it works like it used to

No error mesages just if i try to drag out of dropbox it shows the icon with a little red circle and jumps back to dropbox

just a bit more time consuming now....

bezoomny
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, I'm having the same problems starting today, not with my computer I have ownership privileges with but someone else's who's sharing a folder with me.  He can't drag files to his Mac desktop with either of his computers.  Just started today.  He tried your "Finder" suggestion and it worked once he restarted DB, but it's an awkward way to interface and it would be better if the old way would work.  Did DB push an update today that broke some people's apps?   

jazzmeg
Helpful | Level 6

I have the same problem with my Windows 10.
Meanwhile, you can download the file from dropbox.com onto your computer.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

KThomas13
New member | Level 2

I'm having this same issue as well. Just started this morning. Any change DB will go back? Dragging files back and forth is part of my daily work flow. Will be super disappointed if this option has gone away. Also working from a Mac and using the App.

radaress
New member | Level 2

Same thing here, I have to copy and paste all the time and then delete from dropbox. What a hassle......

Re: Can't drag n drop

lchblumer
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem.  Also, the download "button" isn't even in the list of actions when you click the "...".

No Download buttonNo Download button

I can move files out with drag and drop if I open DropBox in Finder (at which point they do disappear from the DropBox desktop app), but I want to be able to do it directly, without having to go to Finder.  I use a Mac Mini with OS Big Sur Version 11.4

Re: Can't drag n drop

MickFWall
New member | Level 2

coincidentally I've just updated to BigSur 11.4 also... but i'm having the drag n drop problem on other computers as well ie work desktop. When I log into the Dropbox website and try dragging a file out it makes a copy to 9for example) the desktop. Maybe an issue with the app?

Lee K.6
New member | Level 2

Changing the preferences worked but only after restarting Dropbox.

Can't drag files from Dropbox as red circle with a line on it appears in the cursor area

Pippo97
New member | Level 2

When I start to drag a file from Dropbox into e.g. Photoshop, a red circle appears and doesn't let me drag the file somewhere else. It always worked that way before but unfortunately not anymore since a couple of days.

I'd appreciate any help on this or any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Need more support?