cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable Smart Sync on Mac

Highlighted

Can't enable Smart Sync on Mac

Explorer | Level 3

Hi guys, 
I hope someone will be able to help me here. 

I ran out of space and only then my boss turned on Smart Syn thinking it's all sorted. 

I had figured out how to enable Smart Sync a few days later online. Still no difference. 

Today I did more research and tried to enable Smart Sync from my Mac. But I get stuck on the step where you allow the application. 
See that green circled button? I simply don't have that.  

Please help!

System integration_2.png

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Can't enable Smart Sync on Mac

Dropboxer

Hi @Sharka, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

When you have open the window showed in your screenshots, can you let me know if clicking the lock in the bottom left corner allows you to see the option?

Since you need to click this lock to make any changes, this could be the reason you're not seeing the option. 

If you still don't see that option, can you send me a screenshot of the options that you do see there?

Also, please let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed and your account's current plan.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, 

I managed to figure it out. The button eventually appeared after several restarts. (I did use the unlock.) 

Now I Have switched off the documents to be cloud only but how do I get my space back? My storage still appears to be full. 

Thanks heaps for your help. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Sharka!

It could be that the files are still being retained in the cache folder, or that the system hasn't updated the snapshot used to calculate the storage.

I can suggest doing a quick reboot of your device to see if that does the trick. 

Otherwise, if the desktop app is showing "Up to date" and fully synced, then you can try manually clearing the cache folder with these steps. Please make sure the app has finished syncing before taking this step though.

Hope that helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, 

I had to manually delete all the documents from my laptop, then unlink the Dropbox. Restart. Re-link again. That finally worked. 

Thank you for your help! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Sharka!

Thanks for getting back to me here with the steps you used to resolve this on your side, I'm sure it will be useful for anyone else having the same issue.

If there's anything else I can help with, please feel free to get back to me.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?