cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my files

Can't get my files

PTL
Helpful | Level 5

I have used Dropbox for years but today have been unable to open my documents.

The message states install failed contact your software vendor.

I just switched from Google to Dissenter. I have not made any other changes. Doesn't Dropbox work with Dissenter?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't get my files

PTL
Helpful | Level 5

Daphne,

Thank you for the reply. I didn't really think Dissenter should have effected my problem but it was the only change I had made recently and because Chrome is mentioned in connection with Dropbox I thought maybe it could be the problem. Out of frustration I decided to restart my computer. After the restart I am able to use my files as usual. 

It then dawned on me that my husband recently downloaded a game under his sign-in and I had issues when he played it last time (but not with my Dropbox files), our son played it a couple of days ago so I'm guessing that might have been the issue, although for the life of me I don't know why. The message I was getting was what I put in the original post.

THANK YOU for replying but I think my problem is solved for now. I am new to the Dropbox Community so I I'm not sure how to mark this as resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @PTL, I hope you're well today!

I'm not 100% sure that I understand the issue you're having there.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error that you're getting, and the steps you're taking when you get the error?

Also, how does Dissenter come into play here? Are you using this to sign into your account?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PTL
Helpful | Level 5

Daphne,

Thank you for the reply. I didn't really think Dissenter should have effected my problem but it was the only change I had made recently and because Chrome is mentioned in connection with Dropbox I thought maybe it could be the problem. Out of frustration I decided to restart my computer. After the restart I am able to use my files as usual. 

It then dawned on me that my husband recently downloaded a game under his sign-in and I had issues when he played it last time (but not with my Dropbox files), our son played it a couple of days ago so I'm guessing that might have been the issue, although for the life of me I don't know why. The message I was getting was what I put in the original post.

THANK YOU for replying but I think my problem is solved for now. I am new to the Dropbox Community so I I'm not sure how to mark this as resolved.

View solution in original post

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update @PTL!

I'm glad to hear that you seem to have gotten to the bottom of this, but I'll be here around the Community if you need anything.

Feel free to give me a shout here anytime, I'd be happy to help out! 😀

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?