cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t open dropbox folder on windows 10

Can’t open dropbox folder on windows 10

MoeSad
Explorer | Level 4

I am using Windows 10 and have today found that I cannot access any local dropbox files on my computer using File Explorer. I can access them via the DropBox online site and through the icon on the taskbar. I have unsynced the two storage areas and then resynced them. I have downloaded the DropBox desktop again and still have problems. When I navigate through the DropBox folders on the pc, as soon as I select a folder the blue circle of "waiting for god" runs and then eventually drops out!
I have even created a new windows profile and Id after which it worked ok for a few days then reverted to the same problem behaviour.
Any response will be gratefully received - thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: Can’t open dropbox folder on windows 10

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @MoeSad, let's check more into this issue of yours!

Can you let me know what the status of the app is and if you see it on your task bar? You can find this out, by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon (next to your WiFi). 

Do you get any error when trying to preview your files, and if so what would the error be? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
? Still stuck? Ask me a question!
? Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MoeSad
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori, and thanks for reaching out. The app is showing updated status.

app details is 119.4.1772. 
When I open files from the Dropbox app they work fine. Also navigating the folders in the app is fine. Problem is with the windows explorer. 

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @MoeSad, do you get any errors when trying to preview on the File Explorer? 

Have you tried re-booting your device?

Let me know more on the icons you view next on your files, as well! 

Thank you!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
? Still stuck? Ask me a question!
? Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MoeSad
Explorer | Level 4
The file icons have that green mark showing that they are synced. I havebb be rebooted multiple times.
Finally how can I preview a file from explorer?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @MoeSad, sorry to jump in here, but could you please let me know if you're getting a specific error when  trying to access your files on your computer through your file explorer?

If you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot so that we can have a visual too. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?