cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't retrieve deleted files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

In setting up new dropbox account and the app for macbook, dropbox started backing up files and didnt want this to happen. So started deleting backed up files and now when searching on the computer for certain files, they no longer exist. I tried to retrieve them from drop box but can't find them. This was only 3 days ago so within the 30 day window. How can I find all the deleted files?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Can't retrieve deleted files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Almost the same happen to me yesterday....and still not found how to restore those files

Highlighted

Re: Can't retrieve deleted files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @southernrun & @Janeth33; welcome to our Community!

For more information on our computer backup feature along with instructions on how to disable it and/or restore your files, I'd suggest checking the relevant Help Center article:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?