cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see folders and documents a clients put in a shared folder

Can't see folders and documents a clients put in a shared folder

Explorer | Level 3

My client created a new folder inside a shared folder. I can't see that. I logged out and logged in again. I tried it on another laptop. The last time we worked in this shared folder is 3 months ago. Everything she put in this week I can't see. 

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Re: Can't see folders and documents a clients put in a shared folder

Dropboxer

Hi @WanderfulAssistant, thanks for posting today!

Are you able to see the files and folders on the Dropbox site, but not your computer?

If so, then they might have incompatible characters for your OS, like a : or | symbols which can't be in filenames for Windows.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay,

No, I can't see them anywhere. Not on the site and not on my computer. It looks like they don't synchronize all of a sudden.

I also can't see the documents she just put in our shared folder. I can only see the documents and folders I could see 3 months ago. 

Regars, Marit

Dropboxer

If they're not on the site, but they did add files to the shared folder on their end, then there's two possibilities on what happened. 

Either they're adding it to the wrong folder, so files are not syncing to you, or the folder you're viewing isn't a shared folder, and this is why you're not getting any updates as it's a private folder.

Could you check with the person to ensure this is the correct folder, and have them share it to your again to see if you were somehow removed from it in the past?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?