cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t see folders on all devices

Can’t see folders on all devices

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have a Dropbox account with two distinct folder structures, shared to me by two different people. On one device (the one I accepted the 2nd invite on) I can see both folder structures. On all other devices I can only see one folder structure. I’ve tried logging in again, with no success. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Re: Can’t see folders on all devices

Dropboxer

Hi @Heatonstevie; welcome to our Community!

Can you please let me know if you're referring to our website or the mobile app perhaps? 

On the other hand, if this regards the desktop app, can you send me its exact status as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar? Is it 'Up to date' or still syncing? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
I’ve managed to work out the issue. I’d signed in on one device using the google login link, and I signed in other devices just using my email address. Even though the email address is the same as my google account, Dropbox only gives me full access when I use the google sign in button, and doesn’t give me full access when I use login by email address link...

Dropboxer

Hm, that's strange @Heatonstevie. Could it be that you're looking at two different accounts by any chance? 

Is the email address shown in your account's settings exactly the same on both instances? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
No, one account. I could see another folder structure shared with me on all devices. But on the device I signed into using the google link I could see that structure and the new structure. My Google account is based on my email address I was using to sign in, so emails addresses are identical.

Agree it’s a weird one!
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?