cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't send iPhone photo to Dropbox

Highlighted

Can't send iPhone photo to Dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

Can't send selected iPhone photo to Dropbox. I send as "Individual Photo", I choose Dropbox to send it, I choose "Camera Uploads" to Save To, I get a list of 15 greyed photo file names (probably including some deleted ones in Dropbox), which are preceded by "Mobile Uploads" (which contains one more greyed photo file name). The "Choose" option at the bottom of the screen takes me back to the "Save To" screen. I have no idea how to send the photo; it used to be soo easy, but not any more. How can I send a photo to Dropbox please? I do not want to use synchronization using the app because this has the habit of dumping hundreds of unwanted photos in Drpobox which can take days to complete.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Once you tap the "Share" option for the photo in the Photos app, you need to scroll down instead of to the right, as Jay mentioned above.

Scrolling downwards shows an options "Save to Dropbox", where you can choose the folder location to save to.

After you navigate to the correct folder, and tapped the "Choose" option, you can then tap "Save" in the top right corner.

If you have any trouble with this, please send over a screenshot of where you're getting stuck.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User II

Have you tried in to a different folder instead of Camera Uploads?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I could specify "Personal" or "Screenshots" but I don't need or use these folders in Dropbox anyway. The problem is me trying to use Dropbox (as I would use Mail) to send a photo. Except that Mail works and Dropbox just totally messes up to put it it very politely. I have found a way to do it after a lot of surfing and research on the net but it's insanely complicated and longwinded compared to before. Will reply again with the URL in question when I find it again.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

This is what I found

1. Open Dropbox on your phone. 
  2. Open the Dropbox folder (in my Dropbox account) where you'd like to store your photos. 
  3. Tap the + (plus) icon at the bottom of your screen. 
  4. Choose Upload Photos
  5. Tap the photos you would like to upload. 
  6. Tap the folder icon (Android) or Next (iOS), and select where you'd like the files to be added. 
  7. Tap Set location
  8. Tap Upload

I now have to open the app and root around for the photos I want to upload; before, I could select photos from the albums and select Dropbox to upload them, the reverse process, which now produces screens that have no sense whatsoever. I'm uploading from iPhone 8/IOS 14.2 and accessing my Dropbox account via either Win 7 or Win 10.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @PB75, if you're trying to upload images directly from the iOS Photos app, try clicking the share button on an image and then scrolling down the options to 'Save to Dropbox'. If it isn't there, try tapping Edit and then add that option.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Selecting a photo and then choosing Dropbox  to send it gives me a screen panel for a Message (optional) and this unwanted bloated panel pushes a "To:" field off the bottom of the screen where I couldn't see it. I have to scroll down to this field and enter something here, like my email address, for this to work. The photo arrives in Dropbox but my inbox gets stuffed with unnecessary share emails. I don't think either of us is understanding what the other is trying to say but at least I can get photos transferred.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

You're selecting the option to Share the the photo via Dropbox, and not adding to Dropbox itself.

Please could you try tapping the Share option in the Photos app, and then scrolling down the list as mentioned previously to see the Save to Dropbox option.

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have been doing what you have just suggested. Selecting a photo, choosing to share, scrolling right and choosing the "..." / More button, then selecting Dropbox under the list of Apps/Suggestions (Dropbox is a visible share choice on iPad without scrolling). Choosing Dropbox gives me a photo thumbnail plus fields Save to and To. Save to field is Dropbox (which I can't change), the To field requires Email, name or group without which nothing happens, which is where I have to enter an email.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Once you tap the "Share" option for the photo in the Photos app, you need to scroll down instead of to the right, as Jay mentioned above.

Scrolling downwards shows an options "Save to Dropbox", where you can choose the folder location to save to.

After you navigate to the correct folder, and tapped the "Choose" option, you can then tap "Save" in the top right corner.

If you have any trouble with this, please send over a screenshot of where you're getting stuck.

Daphne

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Eureka. Thank you both.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?