cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share files or folders

Can't share files or folders

Explorer | Level 3

When I try to share a file or a folder, I receive this error:

You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours.

I started getting this error last week and I have not been able to share since then.  So there is no way I have gone over any daily limit. My account is only using 1GB of the 2GBstorage space.

I can't figure out what I need to do to clear this error to be able to share files.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

Re: Can't share files or folders

Dropboxer

Hi @AZ_K, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile to assist further on this matter?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Yes please

it is giving me a message that i have reached my limit of file share and need to wait 24hr, even as I have not shared fiels fo weeks

Kristin and John

Dropboxer

In this case, I'd recommend contacting our support team so we can look further into this matter for you @AZ_K

Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any account to fill out this form providing as much information as possible and an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Please contact me at [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines] re the below 

When I try to share a file or a folder, I receive this error:

You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours.

I started getting this error last week and I have not been able to share since then.  So there is no way I have gone over any daily limit. My account is only using 1GB of the 2GBstorage space.

I can't figure out what I need to do to clear this error to be able to share files.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?