Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share from online folder?

TeriS
Explorer | Level 4

I have my Dropbox set up to automatically upload pics to my laptop. They are showing up in the folder as they always have, but when I try to share them on Facebook or Messanger I get this popup:

Bad Image

There was a problem with the image file.

I haven't changed any settings. Today I tried clearing the cache and data, but that didn't help. It seems to be once they're on the computer. I can still send the pics from my phone without a problem. 

How can I fix this? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't share from online folder?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @TeriS

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshots! 

It looks like the error is occurring due to the image size. Resizing, as you mentioned, should do the trick here. 

You could try out our Shared Link feature and share the image like that instead, which will still allow the recipient to both view and download the file locally.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @TeriS,

Just to confirm, are you trying to share the images to Facebook through the Dropbox app on your mobile?

If so, can you let me know if you're using the steps outlined here to export the images? Also, please send along a screenshot of the error message you receive.

Finally, can you ensure that there are no pending updates for your Dropbox app or OS.

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TeriS
Explorer | Level 4

When I take a picture it's saved to my phone, but it's also automatically sent to the dropbox. I have a folder where they're also sent, and it's this folder that I use to share photos online. I don't have any pending updates on my phone. Now, if I use my phone I can share the pictures with no problem. It's when I'm on my computer that I get the error.

I've been using dropbox for years, and never had this problem. 

The first picture is the one I keep getting. But when I tried to attach a photo in this chat just now I got the secondpicture. I guess I need to reduce the size? I've not messed with any of the settings before, so if that's the case, how do I do that?drop.pngEdited by moderatordrop 2.pngEdited by moderator 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @TeriS

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshots! 

It looks like the error is occurring due to the image size. Resizing, as you mentioned, should do the trick here. 

You could try out our Shared Link feature and share the image like that instead, which will still allow the recipient to both view and download the file locally.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne

View solution in original post

TeriS
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Daphne! I changed the size on my camera, and it seems to be working now. Whew! 

Thanks again for your help 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @TeriS!

If there's anything else you need, then you know where to find us.

Have a great day - thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?