cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we increase the preview limits to videos?

Can we increase the preview limits to videos?

kbblack
Explorer | Level 3

I would like to request that the video limitation for Professional users be increased to 2.5 hours. 60 minutes is not enough. To have to upgrade to a business plan when you are only one user is not cost effective. Without this increase I will be driven away from Dropbox and have to use Vimeo more, which I really do not want to do.  PLEASE INCREASE THE VIDEO LIMITATIONS.

2 Replies 2

Re: Video Limits

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @kbblack, thanks for reaching out to us and for taking the time to share your feedback about this. 

Out of curiosity, are users able to download the videos you send them to preview them to their entirety?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Video Limits

kbblack
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, they can download them but this slows things down. AND up until a few weeks ago this was not an issue for me.  The people I am working with were able to watch then entire video online without downloading and SUDDENLY that all came to an end. I have been using Dropbox for this pupose for years. I am a film editor and that is how I have been sharing versions of scenes and the entire film with the producers. Now, I am forced to upload and transcode in Vimeo - which of course takes longer AND the image quality from Vimeo is not as good as the file I output and put on Dropbox. I don't understand why I was suddenly limited to what I can do with Dropbox. Yes,  I have been told over and over in the last few days that this limitation has always existed, yet somehow, I have been getting around it until last week. Very unfair to put this 60 minute limitation on professionals.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?