cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CUSTOMIZING LINKS? IS IT POSSIBLE?

Can you customize a shared link?

BRADLEY B.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to share a folder with some new clients and I have to give it to them
on paper. The link characters are very long and complicated. Is there a way to make a custom link?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Not with Dropbox.

You could try putting it through some sort of link shortening tool, however.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Not with Dropbox.

You could try putting it through some sort of link shortening tool, however.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Hello...

I've used Bit.ly for the past 6 years and it works well (tracking available).

EXAMPLE:

This forum thread URL:    
https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202545215-CUSTOMIZING-LINKS-IS-IT-POSSIBLE    

Can be customized to:

http://bit.ly/BBCustomLink    

You can look at my example folder which utilizes a custom link > bit.ly/310EIsubfolder.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?